Wednesday 5 September 2012

D'Tigers' Dagunduro signs for top Italian club


D'Tigers' point guard at the recently concluded Olympic Games in London, Ade Dagunduro has signed a juicy contract with an Italian basketball side, Virtus Roma.
In spite of being knocked out by an injury, a hyperextension of the knee, early in the team's Olympic debut, he caught the eye of Roma that has now signed a contract with him.
Dagunduro expects to have a tough time in Italy, but he is looking forward to the challenge, he told FIBA.com.
"I expect a lot from this adventure,” he said.“Rome is a historic city, and the club has a lot of history.
“It is very exciting to be part of this group, because I know that they are building something special, and even from Italian basketball. I expect a lot.
“I have not seen a lot of games, but all my friends who have played here have said it is one of the toughest leagues in Europe, if not the hardest along with the Spanish league.”
Dagunduro, now 26 years old, had been preparing to return to Stella Artois Leuven Bears in Belgium after the Olympics when he caught the eye of Virtus Roma and it signed him on.
“I have a lot of expectations,” Dagunduro said. “I know that I expect a very tough league, but I hope to be ready for the challenge." 

No comments:

Post a Comment